We exist to help the world better understand people through data. Our mission is to transform how data is used to discover new insights and empower human driven decisions.
KnowledgeHound is changing the game as to how companies (some clients include Procter & Gamble, Clorox and Weber) ingest, save and recycle their market research. We work in the market research industry which is full of antiquated tools that make it difficult to access and use important data. Our aim is to use modern technology along with wide range of relevant data to make it easy to research market behavior and to provide valuable insights for our customers.
We are just over 3 years old and have a working product with paying customers and a steady revenue stream. Procter and Gamble, Whirlpool, and Weber are just some of our Fortune 500 clients with many more to come. We recently closed a $3M round of funding and are rapidly expanding.
Our team, located in Chicago, is small yet mighty. This gives you a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and to get involved and influence all aspects of the business. If you don't shy away from tough, but rewarding, challenges and value design and engineering craftsmanship - let’s chat!
Some of the perks we provide:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, basic life insurance coverage.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Loft office in the West Loop with 6 beers on tap, La Colombe coffee, and a lounge-y feel in meeting rooms and common areas.
Description & Responsibilities
As a Senior Software Engineer you’ll be involved in all aspects of our product lifecycle from envisioning to feature development to operations. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about delivering great software that scales and can be extended easily. You will be working with other engineers, product, and customer success teams to understand the customer and innovate through the use of technology. We have a team oriented culture and you will also be helping other engineers to learn and grow professionally. We are looking for an engineer that is familiar with OOP, microservices, distributed systems, Linux, latest deployment methodologies and tools. (S)he will also be responsible for leading other developers in architecture, design and modern engineering practices.
A few other responsibilities
- Create and execute a technical strategy. This includes getting other engineers to follow you.
- Fully own applications from design to operations, a.k.a. DevOps.
- We have a teaching & learning culture, bring something to teach and be good at growing junior engineers.
- Aid in improving standards and practices on your team (source control, testing, deployment, etc).
- 5+ years in a software development role.
- Expertise in at least one programming language and familiarity with open source technologies.
- Expert level understanding of modern architectures, design, and REST.
- Ability to produce efficient, scalable, clean code that is resilient and maintainable.
- Ability to understand business goals, recognize client needs and link them to specific technical solutions.
- Experience with designing, operating and troubleshooting of distributed architectures.
- Strong experience with CI/CD, DevOps, and development process in a team environment.
- Familiarity with cloud and AWS in particular.
- Experience in leading and mentoring technical teams.
- Ability to quickly research, understand, and integrate new technologies.
- Inventiveness and openness in problem solving.
- We are mostly a Python shop so experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience with building SaaS applications from ground up.
- Strong experience with AWS.
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are more than just a sales figure. We value those who treat our customers like the dynamic, wonderful people they are and obsess over every interaction we have with them.
- Live passionately - We are a company of individuals who want to take advantage of all that life has to offer. We value people who dare to do more than collect a paycheck, who bring their life experiences to the table, and who know how to stay balanced to maximize productivity at work and at home over the long term.
- Own it - At KnowledgeHound, ownership goes beyond your specific role or title. We value those who exhibit the willingness, autonomy, and discipline to pick up a problem and courageously tackle it head on.
- Team first - We always approach our success and failures as a team. We value those who remain humble and respectful for other people and exhibit a willingness to put the team above their own self interest.
- Create, innovate, disrupt - As a company that is on a mission to change the way people think about data, we value those who push themselves to approach challenges creatively. We want disruptors and innovators that aren’t afraid to challenge the status-quo.
- Biased to action - We value those who don’t give in to "analysis paralysis" and who focus on moving and delivering fast. We are not afraid to fail and we put pragmatism ahead of unneeded formality.
- Be extraordinary - Going above and beyond is a normal way of life for us at KnowledgeHound. We value people who always strive to amaze colleagues and customers by delivering above and beyond expectations, who continuously seek to get better at everything they do, and who exhibit integrity in all their endeavors.
Have what it takes?
Send us your cover letter and resume.Apply Now