We exist to help the world better understand people through data. Our mission is to transform how data is used to discover new insights and empower human driven decisions.
KnowledgeHound is changing the game as to how companies (some clients include Procter & Gamble, Clorox and Weber) ingest, save and recycle their market research. We work in the market research industry which is full of antiquated tools that make it difficult to access and use important data. Our aim is to use modern technology along with wide range of relevant data to make it easy to research market behavior and to provide valuable insights for our customers.
We are just over 3 years old and have a working product with paying customers and a steady revenue stream. Procter and Gamble, Whirlpool, and Weber are just some of our Fortune 500 clients with many more to come. We recently closed a $3M round of funding and are rapidly expanding.
Our team, located in Chicago, is small yet mighty. This gives you a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and to get involved and influence all aspects of the business. If you don't shy away from tough, but rewarding, challenges and value design and engineering craftsmanship - let’s chat!
Some of the perks we provide:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, basic life insurance coverage.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Loft office in the West Loop with 6 beers on tap, La Colombe coffee, and a lounge-y feel in meeting rooms and common areas.
Description & Responsibilities
As a Software Engineer you’ll be involved in all aspects of our product lifecycle from envisioning to feature development to operations. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about delivering great software that scales and can be extended easily. We want someone with strong software development foundation who is looking to learn and grow fast. You will be working with other engineers, product, and customer success teams to understand the customer and innovate through the use of technology. We have a team oriented culture and you will be working alongside other engineers and have the chance to learn and teach others yourself.
- At least 3 years in a software development role.
- Familiarity with Python, Linux, and open source technologies.
- Familiarity with modern architectures & design, microservices, and REST.
- Understanding of CI/CD and modern software development process.
- Ability to learn quickly with minimal guidance.
- Ability to produce efficient, clean code that is resilient and maintainable.
- Ability to understand business goals, recognize customer needs, and provide pragmatic solutions.
- A strong desire to grow as a tech professional.
- Inventiveness and openness in problem solving.
- Cloud and AWS familiarity.
- Familiarity with designing, operating and troubleshooting of distributed architectures.
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are more than just a sales figure. We value those who treat our customers like the dynamic, wonderful people they are and obsess over every interaction we have with them.
- Live passionately - We are a company of individuals who want to take advantage of all that life has to offer. We value people who dare to do more than collect a paycheck, who bring their life experiences to the table, and who know how to stay balanced to maximize productivity at work and at home over the long term.
- Own it - At KnowledgeHound, ownership goes beyond your specific role or title. We value those who exhibit the willingness, autonomy, and discipline to pick up a problem and courageously tackle it head on.
- Team first - We always approach our success and failures as a team. We value those who remain humble and respectful for other people and exhibit a willingness to put the team above their own self interest.
- Create, innovate, disrupt - As a company that is on a mission to change the way people think about data, we value those who push themselves to approach challenges creatively. We want disruptors and innovators that aren’t afraid to challenge the status-quo.
- Biased to action - We value those who don’t give in to "analysis paralysis" and who focus on moving and delivering fast. We are not afraid to fail and we put pragmatism ahead of unneeded formality.
- Be extraordinary - Going above and beyond is a normal way of life for us at KnowledgeHound. We value people who always strive to amaze colleagues and customers by delivering above and beyond expectations, who continuously seek to get better at everything they do, and who exhibit integrity in all their endeavors.
Have what it takes?
Send us your cover letter and resume.Apply Now