We exist to unlock the enormous potential trapped inside every organization’s customer data. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first search driven analytics platform for customer research.
KnowledgeHound is changing the game as to how companies explore and visualize answers from their customer research. Our platform allows teams to search across any survey question they’ve ever asked to instantly uncover answers that can inform critical business decisions. We are just over 8 years old and have already built a profitable enterprise software company that serves many of the world’s Fortune 500 including P&G, Google, Twitter and NBCU.
Located in Chicago’s vibrant Fulton Market neighborhood, our small yet mighty team is growing and looking for individuals wanting to make an immediate impact while influencing all aspects of the business. If you don’t shy away from tough but rewarding challenges – let’s chat!
KnowledgeHound is looking to hire a polished sales professional dedicated to the success and growth of our key clients. This role plays a critical function by uncovering key business strategies of clients, suggesting and leading activities that enable our solutions to deliver against these objectives, and ultimately renewing and upselling our client base. The Director of Key Accounts will lead their clients through the 4 phases of a client lifecycle: activation, awareness, adoption, and advocacy, and build solid client relationships that propel our business forward. Strong networking, product enablement, client servicing, relationship management, and well honed sales skills are required.
The person in this role will wear three hats and will adapt to the needs of their clients and our partners as required.
1. Thought leader. As an intellectually curious executive, they enjoy hearing challenges from senior executives, questioning to understand the big picture, and fitting the technology capabilities of KnowledgeHound to those challenges. Creative thinking, continuous learning, and persuasiveness are key characteristics for an individual in this role.
2. Collaborator. Working across clients and partners, as well as internally at KnowledgeHound is critical to the success of the Knowledgehound platform. Being customer-obsessed is a must in order to drive adoption and renewal across the customer base. Critical to success is continually asking questions to better understand our clients and translating that into actionable activities to drive through the subscription and establish long lasting relationships.
3. Target Obsessed Sales Professional. It is important to not only achieve but also take personal accountability to exceed sales targets, all while looking to gain traction across and within clients. The ability to close deals by building consensus internally and externally while continuing to drive urgency via tangible next steps is vital.
This Role Requires
• Understanding of the survey market research landscape across industry types
• Understanding of Client Organizations and Client Company Strategies
• Exceptional Relationship building skills, creating a deeper network inside client organizations with consistent and proactive dialogue across multiple decision-makers.
• Ability to map, network, and penetrate a client’s organizational structure as well as understand key business processes to retain clients and generate new revenue streams
• Challenging clients to constructively broaden their perspective.
• Diligence to Sales Processes and Account Planning
• Responsibility of an annual upsell target as well as securing contract renewals.
• Assisting with urgent projects but also building consistent, structured, and predictable points of engagement.
• Expanding our contacts beyond existing sources, developing tailored value propositions for various areas and individuals within an organization
• Presenting a benefit-led approach to engagement and basis for continued relationship building
• Negotiating and closing sales across multiple client types and decision-makers
• Product Marketing expertise with a benefit led approach to help drive our ABM strategy
• Past experience in the market research or insights space
• Proven excellence in current role, goal-oriented, and consistently at or over target
• 5yrs+ of consultative sales experience, bachelors required
• Confidence and experience in navigating C-Suite conversations and negotiations
• Account management and business development expertise
• Solution and value selling acumen
• Well-honed organization and time management skills – able to manage numerous contacts including scheduling, follow up, and frequent points of interaction to maximize account potential
• Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and diplomacy skills
• Willingness and ability to travel…if we are ever able to do so again (~25%)
• Account Based Marketing experience a major plus
Culture is critical for working in a productive and healthy environment. If you share our core values, you could be a great fit for the company.
Our customers are more than just a sales figure. We value those who treat our customers like the dynamic, wonderful people they are and obsess over every interaction we have with them.
At KnowledgeHound, ownership goes beyond your specific role or title. We value those who exhibit the willingness, autonomy, and discipline to pick up a problem and courageously tackle it head-on.
We are a company of individuals who want to take advantage of all that life has to offer. We value people who dare to do more than collect a paycheck, who bring their life experiences to the table, and who know how to stay balanced to maximize productivity at work and at home.
We always approach our successes and failures as a team. We value those who remain humble and respectful for other people and exhibit a willingness to put the team above their own self-interest.
Create, innovate, disrupt
As a company that is on a mission to change the way people think about data, we value those who push themselves to approach challenges creatively. We want disruptors and innovators that aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
Biased to action
We value those who don’t give in to “analysis paralysis” and who focus on moving and delivering fast. We are not afraid to fail, and we put pragmatism ahead of unneeded formality.
Going above and beyond is a normal way of life for us at KnowledgeHound. We value people who always strive to amaze colleagues and customers by delivering above and beyond expectations, who continuously seek to get better at everything they do, and who exhibit integrity in all their endeavors.
KnowledgeHound is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. This position requires US Citizenship.