Effective date: September 25, 2023
Vyzion Inc. dba KnowledgeHound is committed to protecting your Privacy. Please see below for an overview on how we handle your personal information and data.
Vyzion, Inc. complies with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy
In compliance with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (Swiss-U.S. DPF), Vyzion, Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information transferred to the U.S. pursuant to the EU-U.S. DPF, the UK extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. DPF. EU, UK, and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints should first contact:
Vyzion, Inc. dba KnowledgeHound
2045 W Grand Ave Ste B PMB 83364
Vyzion, Inc. has further committed to refer unresolved DPF Principles-related complaints to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, DATA PRIVACY FRAMEWORK SERVICES, operated by BBB National Programs. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbbprograms.org/dpf-complaints for more information and to file a complaint. This service is provided free of charge to you.
If your DPF complaint cannot be resolved through the above channels, under certain conditions, you may invoke binding arbitration for some residual claims not resolved by other redress mechanisms. See https://www.dataprivacyframework.gov/s/article/ANNEX-I-introduction-dpf
Vyzion, Inc. may remain liable to you for transfers outside the DPF principles.
How do we use the information we collect?
For KnowledgeHound customers
We use the information we collect from you for two purposes:
To provide you with our services
- To enable you to search for, analyze, and visualize relevant data from your research.
- To enable our Customer Success team to assist you. This requires us to access your information to assist you.
To manage our services
- To facilitate account creation and the log in process.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You can’t opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To monitor, maintain, and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on your usage data to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services, including to help us evaluate or devise new features. We may use your information for internal purposes designed to keep our services secure and operational, such as for troubleshooting and testing purposes, and for service improvement, marketing, research and development purposes.
- To contact you for marketing purposes. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in any communication.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
Sharing Data with 3rd parties
- Personal Information is only shared with video hosting platforms when requested by our Customers. Data is always stored, hosted, and transmitted in accordance with date privacy frameworks.
For individuals whose information was collected by our customers
- Aggregated or de-identified information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can reasonably be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us. Note that we may be required to release EU, United Kingdom and/or Swiss individual’s personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities including to meet national security and/or law enforcement requirements.
- Your information if there’s a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation), you expressly consent to KnowledgeHound transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, KnowledgeHound will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
KnowledgeHound does not sell your information to any third parties and we will not use your information to contact you.
What are my rights to the information you collect?
For KnowledgeHound Customers
- Your research data is owned by you. Not only that, but KnowledgeHound treats your research data as if it were private. We don’t sell this data to anyone and we don’t use your research data for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
In addition to the above, you have the following rights:
- Access and correct your Personal Data. KnowledgeHound acknowledges the right of EU, United Kingdom and Swiss individuals to access their personal data. As a registered user, you may access and correct certain personal information that KnowledgeHound holds about you by contacting your Customer Success representative. Some users (including those whose information we receive under the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF), the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF, and the Swiss-U.S. Data Privacy Framework) have certain legal rights to obtain information of whether we hold personal information about them, to access personal information we hold about them, and to obtain its correction, update, amendment or deletion in appropriate circumstances. In all cases, requests to exercise these rights may be directed to our Privacy Officer (please see contact information towards the front of this policy). These rights are subject to some exceptions, such as where giving you access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. We will respond to your request to exercise these rights within a reasonable time and, where required by law or where we deem it otherwise appropriate and practicable to do so, we will honor your request.
- Download/backup your research data. We provide you with the ability to export, share and publish your research data in a variety of formats. This allows you to create your own backups or conduct offline data analysis.
- Delete and send back your research data. You may delete your research data for any particular research study at any given time from our system by contacting your Customer Service Representative. As long as you maintain an account with us, we may retain your deleted data for a limited time in case you requested to delete something by accident and need to restore it. In the event you should terminate your agreement with KnowledgeHound, we will permanently delete your data, to the extent permitted by law, from our systems. Upon deletion, we will provide all research data back to customer in it’s originally delivered format.
For Individuals who Participate in Research Conducted by our Customers
- Contact the Customer to access and correct your Personal and Survey data. Because we collect research provided by our customers, you will need to contact the customer if you have any questions about the research conducted, or if you want to access, update, or delete anything related to your Personal data collected in the research. You may request access to and correction of the personal data we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer, but in most cases KnowledgeHound cannot provide you with this access since all data related to the research we collect is our customer’s private information and giving you access may have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals. We will respond to your request for access or correction within a reasonable time and, where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will provide access to your personal data in the manner requested by you.
Security and other important information
For customers and individuals who participate in research conducted by our customers, we may disclose:
- KnowledgeHound is committed to protecting the security of your information. Security technologies and procedures are employed to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. All personal data is stored on computer servers with limited access, located in secured facilities. When we transmit Personal Data over the Internet, we protect it through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. For customers, if a password is provided to help protect your research data and personal data, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
- Data locations. Our servers are based in the United States, so your information will be hosted in the United States. We utilize data processors in the UK, Canada and India so your data maybe processed there as well.
- With the exception of sharing your information with our service providers whom we have contractually bound to act as an agent on our behalf, individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their personal information is (i) to be disclosed to a third party or (ii) to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals. To exercise this choice, please contact our Privacy Officer.
- To make our site easier to use.
- To provide you with personalized content. We may store user preferences, such as your default language, in cookies to personalize the content you see.
- Google Analytics. In addition to the above, we have implemented on our websites and other services certain Google Analytics features to track and understand your behavior with the goal of improving our service.